Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

Grilled Cheese & Roast Chicken Sandwich

Man, time flies so fast. It's already the second week of 2012. Alhamdulillah it has been a great start to the year. 2011 was an amazing year for us. I pray to Allah that 2012 will be a better year for us and everybody. InsyaAllah.

The kids have grown up another year. They have more needs and they have more personality. I love every minute of watching them grow. It is truly a blessing.

As we welcome the new year I realize that as we grow older things become easier when you put things into perspective. I realize now more than ever with every day we are that closer to our death. Hence we need to appreciate every second that we have while we can.

Anyways, this week was awesome because I made a great sandwich which I thoroughly enjoyed and my wife loved it. In fact I thought it was the best sandwich that I have made thus far. So here is what I did.

We had chicken rice for lunch that Tuesday and we have a lot of roast chicken leftovers in the afternoon. So I decided to experiment. This is what I did:

1. Prepared 4 slices of bread
2. 2 slices of cheese
3. Roast chicken from the chicken rice
4. Slices of tomatoes
5. Thousand Island dressing
6. Black pepper

Firstly I made 2 sets of grilled cheese sandwich by slapping some planta on 2 slices of bread and 1 slice of cheese on the frying pan. Grilled until golden brown on both sides. Repeat for the other 2 slices of bread with cheese.
Than take the roast chicken, tear the meat into pieces and put into the fan and fry without oil. Add in some pepper for taste.
Lay some tomatoes and thousand island spread on the grilled cheese bread.
Finally top up with the roasted black pepper chicken and cover it with the other grilled cheese sandwich.
Walla! You got yourself 1 awesome sandwich!

Enjoy it! We did! :)

This year, I hope to be cooking more for my family. There's so much to DISCOVER and explore. Thank you Allah for a wonderful life!


No comments:

Post a Comment