Anak Susah Fokus Belajar? Mungkin Kita Perlu Tanya Soalan Yang Berbeza
When a child struggles with learning, it's natural for parents to want to solve the problem.
We look for more exercises. We consider another tuition class. We reduce screen time. We tell them to concentrate. Sometimes we simply ask them to study longer.
But I've been thinking about a different starting point:
Before asking a child to learn more, should we first try to understand how they appear to learn better?
“Tak fokus” doesn't always tell us what to do
Saying that a child “cannot focus” describes what we're seeing. It doesn't necessarily tell us what will help.
That's why observation matters.
Perhaps the child becomes more engaged when allowed to do something rather than only listen.
Perhaps involving them in a discussion makes a difference.
Perhaps listening to an explanation helps.
Perhaps they need repetition before something begins to make sense.
None of these observations should become a permanent label.
The purpose is not to say:
“Anak saya memang jenis ini.”
A more useful question is:
“Bila saya cuba cara ini, apa yang berlaku?”
That small change in language changes the parent's role from someone trying to diagnose the child into someone learning alongside the child.
FAHAM → CUBA → PERHATI
I've simplified this into three actions:
FAHAM — Start by trying to understand how your child responds to learning.
CUBA — Change one small thing in the way you support them.
PERHATI — Observe what happens.
Did the child engage longer?
Did they understand more easily?
Were they able to explain the idea afterwards?
Did they become frustrated?
Would the same approach work again?
Then repeat.
That's far more useful than simply giving a child a “colour” and assuming we've discovered the answer.
I made a short video about this
I've shared some of this thinking in a short Bahasa Melayu video:
Watch: Anak Susah Fokus Belajar? Mungkin Ini Puncanya
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/iq3PigrKgC4
The video is also part of a bigger experiment I've been working on.
Introducing KPBA
I've developed a short parent programme called:
KPBA — Kenali Personaliti Belajar Anak
Lain Anak, Lain Cara Belajarnya.
KPBA is a 30-minute LIVE online session designed to give parents a simple starting point for reflecting on how their child responds to learning.
After the session, parents complete a 24-question reflection together with their child.
They then receive a personalised reflection profile by email showing the tendencies that appeared most strongly in their responses.
But I don't want the journey to stop at a result.
That's why KPBA continues with a 7-Day Challenge.
Parents receive a practical guide and can use a 7-day e-Tuition trial as one environment in which to try different approaches, observe their child's responses and reflect on what appears to help.
The objective isn't to prove that a child belongs to one category.
It is to help parents become better observers of their own children.
A small experiment for RM19
I'm intentionally starting KPBA small.
The first session will be:
17 October 2026
10.30 pagi
LIVE Online — 30 minutes
RM19 per family
Why RM19?
Because at this stage, I want families to experience the idea, use it with their children and tell me what works, what doesn't and what can be improved.
This is V1.
We'll learn from real parents and continue improving it.
Perhaps the better question isn't “Why can't my child focus?”
Perhaps it's:
“What seems to help my child learn?”
That is a question we can actually explore together.
And that's what I hope KPBA helps parents begin doing.
FAHAM → CUBA → PERHATI.
🌈 Lain Anak, Lain Cara Belajarnya.
Learn more about KPBA and register for the 17 October session
https://kenalipersonalitibelajaranak.netlify.app/
Suggested blog tags: Parenting, Pendidikan Anak, Cara Anak Belajar, KPBA, Learning, Education, Ibu Bapa, Coach Amirul


No comments:
Post a Comment