Today, we just want to share something that we saw on YouTube. This video was shared by one of our students. Honestly the video was not the best video in the world; in fact it was quite boring. It did not have any inspiring or exciting music and the pictures were not that great. But what made the video awesome was the lesson that we got from it.
Today we are not going to talk to you about the video but rather the lessons that we got from it. As for the video, you need to watch it for yourself. We will give you the link to the video at the end.
Basically the video was about one of God’s greatest creation which is the Eagle. Yes! It’s the bird that is big and an awesome predator. It is always associated with leaders and success. The video is all about the lessons that we can learn from the Eagle to be successful in life!
There were 7 lessons pointed out in the video that wanted to highlight.
1. Eagles fly with eagles – The lesson here is that in order to be successful in life we need to associate ourselves with successful people. Stay away from people who are negative and who will bring you down. You do not have time for negativity. This is so true. If you are not as successful as you want to be chances are, you do not have enough friends who are successful. As they say, birds of a feather flock together.
2. Eagles have strong vision & focus – In life we must know what we want. We must have a target and a goal. Once we know what we want than we can work towards the goal. It is so important. A goal could be as simple as having a list of things to do every day. This will keep you focused. Make sure whatever you do is contributing to where you want to go. Put aside distractions and stay focus. You can accomplish more by staying focus. Remember, what you focus on expands!
3. Do Research – In life you need to have the right information to make the right or better decisions in life. Most of us today have access to a lot of information but we do not bother to check whether the information is reliable or up to date. If you are in business you need to know what is happening in your industry. In fact if you are working or employed you need to know the trend and what your future is. The best thing to do is to network and do research. That way you get exposure and you get new experience that will enhance and enrich your life.
4. Work the difficulties! – This is the best piece of advice that we ever had. We heard this statement when we were attending a training session in Sydney Australia back in 2003. In life we will have challenges; we will have moments that we will want to give up on our dreams. That is the point when you just have to buckle up and get through it and do whatever it takes. Life is like that. What comes after a storm? What comes after a heavy rain? What comes after night? It’s the same with all our challenges and difficulties. We just have to work them!
5. Test the people around you for trust and commitment – If you are building a relationship it does not matter whether it is a personal, professional or business or whatever, the foundation is trust. You need to know whether you can trust these people. You need to do a test. For example, you are building a business and you are trying to put together a team, you need to know if they will be committed. You need to know if they are going to go the distance with or are they just hoping for an easy ride. You need to know. So you have to test them. Give them a task and see how they perform. Test, test and test. Life is a big test! It only ends when we die. J
6. Always be prepared – This is just like the Boy Scout’s motto. Always Prepared! In life we need to prepare. Today, most of us are living in the NOW only. We are constantly thinking what we can have NOW. We want success and we want wealth and we want it NOW! But we fail to understand that we need to prepare before we can have all that. Success is a journey not a destination. It is all about preparing yourself. Learning new things. The funny thing about learning is that the more we learn the more we realize that there is more we do not know. It’s funny how life works. That’s why we need to be prepared always. The best way to prepare is to live in the present, learn from the past and plan for the future.
7. Reinvent Yourself – This is something that a lot of people fail to do. In life we must understand that we need to change, we need to reinvent who we are so that we get on with the times and we can adapt to whatever is required of us to function. For example, we started out as graduates working for a large GLC. Then we went to start our own business. We had to reinvent ourselves from people who cannot speak in public to people who can present, motivate, inspire and train in public. That is reinventing. Was it comfortable? No! It was hard but that’s how you grow. In life you need to constantly think of becoming a better person. Every year set a goal to learn something NEW. Add value to yourself and to your life. When you do that you can add value to others.
We truly loved the 7 lessons above and we hope that today’s sharing can inspire you to achieve more with your life.
The Only Way Life Gets Better Is When YOU Get Better!
This week look at all the 7 lessons that we can learn from the eagle. Make a point to watch the video on YouTube. Here is the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO_iGBe5-nA
Take some time to reflect and think about the lessons. Imagine yourself as an eagle. You are FREE to fly and how high YOU can go in life is entirely up to YOU.