10 Steps to Success which we would now like to share with you.
1. Believe YOU can be successful. ~ The biggest problem with a lot of people is that they don’t believe they can be successful. Hence that is why they are not successful. YOU must believe that you deserve success as much as anybody. If you don’t believe in yourself, than find someone who will believe in you. We believe in YOU!
2. Have the right association. ~ YOU need to surround yourself with the right people. That is why you need to have the right attitude. Like attracts like, positive people will attract positive people and successful people will attract successful.
When you associate yourself with highly positive, inspired and motivated people you cannot help but become positive, inspired and motivated. In order to be successful find the right team and do what they do.
3. Plan for the day. Schedule your day. ~ The biggest mistake that we can make in our daily lives is that we do not plan for the day. How many times has this happened to you? You wake up and you start to do what you do, and all of a sudden you realize the day is over and you have not done anything!
How do you feel? If you feel terrible than you need to do something about it. Make small efforts to plan your day before you go to bed. List down the things that you need to do. It will keep you on track and furthermore you will be doing things that will contribute towards your goal.
4. Learn, learn, learn. ~ Become a student of life. As they say, life is willing to teach you when you are willing to learn. In order to be successful we need to be teachable. If you want to be an entrepreneur, you must have the hunger and the desire to become better. You need to work on yourself. This is called personal and leadership development.
A lot of people stop learning after they get their diploma, degree, masters and PHD. To them learning is just the academics. In life it is more than just academics. In order to be successful you need to constantly grow yourself. You need to invest your time to read, attend trainings and seminars. There are always something NEW to learn. What did you learn today?
5. Take responsibility. ~ We are responsible for our own results. We are responsible for our dreams and goals. We are responsible for our actions. If you look at your life and you are not happy than go and look into the mirror and ask yourself, what have you been doing.
At the end of the day, we are the ones who make things happen. It is not anybody else but ourselves. So stop blaming and start taking up the responsibility for your life and your future.
6. Take action. ~ YOU need to go to work NOW. Don’t procrastinate. What do you need to do? Just do it. Take massive actions, and you will see the results. Sometimes in fact most of the time the results are never instant, understand the concept of delayed gratification J
That’s why one of the best way to stay focus and ensure that you do the job is to have a 90 days plan. The 90 days plan basically is a plan where you outline everything that you need to do in life for the next 90 days that will get you to your goal. You need to stay committed and keep on doing even though you don’t see the results. After the 90 days than you will re-evaluate and see what are the changes that you need to make and start with a NEW 90 days plan. In short just do it!
7. Be willing to make mistakes. ~ Mistakes are good! We learn best by making mistakes. The problem in today’s society is that we tell our kids it is bad to make mistakes. Children are discouraged to make mistakes. Everything needs to be right.
Understand that the journey to success you will encounter defeats, failures, setbacks and make mistakes. It is the process. Thomas Edison failed 10,000 times before creating the light bulb. James Dyson failed 5000 times before he succeeded in inventing the vacuum cleaner with no bag.
YOU must be willing to make mistakes but make sure you learn from the experience. Don’t make the same mistakes over and over again. That would make you insane!
8. Be willing to risk. ~ In life you must be willing to take risk. Take calculated risk. Risk does not necessarily mean money. It could be anything to as simple as putting your hands up to volunteer to answer question or to attend an opportunity meeting. Take a chance you will never know what doors will open for you.
9. Stay FOCUS on your goals. ~ Remember FOCUS – Follow One Course Until Successful. Today is getting harder and harder to stay focus. There are just too many distractions. We really need to put ourselves in a position where we can give 100% commitment and effort.
A recent study that was shown in this month Reader’s Digest showed that people today who are attempting to multitask is counterproductive. This is because our brain requires us to focus. For Muslims you can look at when you perform your solat everytime. How many of us lose our focus during solat when we hear our hand phones ring? It could be just a message alert and our mind will wander thinking who could that be?
If we can focus when we solat, InshaAllah we can stay focus to do other things. It won’t be easy. Right now, we are sharing this with you and our son is beside us asking for attention. Got to stay FOCUS!
10. Stick with it until YOU win! ~ Finally in order to be successful, YOU need to stick with your goals and the plans that you have put up. Work the plan and miracles will happen. Just stay on the course, do not get side tracked and never lose focus. Put up your goals clearly so that you see them every day. Dream about, visualize it, feel it and make it emotional. Get yourself to desire it so that it becomes your fule to work hard to achieve success!